Thursday, November 3, 2011

Finalization....



I feel bad that I don't have more pictures of this special day. My camera was in the diaper bag the whole time. Anyway, I can't believe Reese is finally legally ours. We had our finalization on October 19th and it was wonderful. We had to wait 6 months after Reese was placed with us for finalization and it was 6 months to the day. Reese was placed with us and discharged from the hospital on April 19th. It was also my Mom's birthday so I am grateful that she shared her special day with us. All of our parents came to the courthouse with us and Ron and I were sworn in. I was so excited until the judge started asking us questions. Of course they were easy questions, but it is still nerve wrecking. The attorney asked Ron, " you and Darcee were married March 15, 2008, is that correct?" Ron was a little nervous and said, "I think so." It was pretty funny. The neat part is when the attorney asks Ron and I individually....." Have you developed the love that a father/mother has for their child? and "Do you want Reese Kiyomi Scoville to be your daughter? Simple questions, but we both got a little emotional answering them. I was just thinking that whether I gave birth to Reese or adopted her, I know the feelings would be exactly the same. We love Reese so much and are grateful everyday for the opportunity to be her parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment