Wednesday, September 28, 2011

6 months old....

Yesterday, Reese turned 6 months old!!! I have loved every minute we have had with her. It seems like yesterday that I was flying out to Detroit to see my little preemie baby in her little incubator. She has grown so much and has such a spunky personality. I never thought I could be this happy and yet every day I feel more blessed to be a mom. On monday, we went into the dr. for her 6 month visit and here are her stats:
Weight: 13lbs 8oz.
Height: 24.25 inches
Head: I can't remember, but she is finally on the charts. I think in the 5th percentile.
She had her 6 month shots and has been feeling kinda crummy the past couple of nights. Reese usually sleeps through the night, but she has had a difficult time the past few nights. I feel so bad for her and it is in the middle of the night when I am trying to soothe her that I just feel these overwhelming feelings of gratitude for my sweet baby girl. This is what a mom is about right. Of course, I am grateful for her as I watch her giggle and smile, but I am grateful for the sleepless nights, blowouts, spit up, and all that comes in between. I love being a Mom!
Reese may seem big to be swaddled, but hey it puts her right to sleep. So that has been part of our night time ritual. Reese no longer likes her binky except right before she goes to sleep. However, she likes to chew on the back and sides of the binky:) We have really tried to stick to a night time ritual lately and it has helped so much. I put her in her swaddle and then we rock in her chair, pray, and read scriptures. It has really become a really special moment for me. Lots of feeling of gratitude!
I had to post these pictures because she was making me laugh so hard. Reese loves to try to eat the couch. She even lost a shoe going after that thing.
She is so stinkin funny and cute! Here are some things she is doing at 6 months.
She can feed herself while lying down.
Likes to eat rice cereal, applesauce, but doesn't like bananas
Trying to crawl. She can army crawl about a foot
She is sleeping from about 7:30 - 8:00 am
has been taking a short nap from 11:00 -12:00
then an afternoon nap from 2:00-4:00
Reese loves to stand and bounce
I think she is going to start teething soon because everything is going in her mouth




Okay, hilarious picture!!! As soon as I took this pic, Reese pulled down her shirt. She has a little bit of cleave going on.
Reese loves to be pushed around the kitchen in her highchair.

Yes, we are USC fanatics!!!

This is Ron's special Daddy daughter bonding time. Reese actually loves to watch football!

No comments:

Post a Comment