Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Getting settled in...

We are slowly getting settled in and it is feeling more and more like home. Well......it is feeling more like home to Ron, Reese, and I, but it is a whole other story for the dogs. Keiko ( the white one with black markings) is really good and anywhere we are is home to her, but Sachi ( the black one with white markings) is freaking out! We built a huge dog house in the back of the garage with a doggy door built into the house thinking it would be a little doggy suite. Sachi hates it! The first night the dogs slept here, we put the dogs in their new house and Sachi cried so loud. I was afraid our neighbors would hate us before we even moved in because our dogs were keeping them up, so we brought them in the house. Sachi still cried the whole night so Ron slept out by her. The next couple nights were SO much better. I was planning on putting up gates around the house so that the dogs do not go on the carpet, but we discovered that they already know that they are not supposed to from our last house and so we don't have to put up gates. It has been wonderful!
Reese has loved the new house. Actually, she probably doesn't know the difference, but she does love all the lights and fans! Fans have always entertained her and so we put one in her room and she loves to just stare and talk to her fan. It is so funny! Here is a picture of Reese looking out her bedroom window.
Our bathroomOur shower

Our kitchenThis is an old barn that is in the field behind our house. I am in love with it and love to take pictures of it at sunrise and sunset. I would love to go take some pictures of Reese by this barn.

Ron and I were sitting in the front room the other night just talking about how it's crazy that we have a new house. It is one thing if you had been planning and dreaming of a new house for a while, but a new house, especially building a house, was not our dream at all. Our dream since we were married was to have children and so that has been what we have been saving for. We have never gone on any cruise or exotic vacation because we have been saving for our adoption. The house thing just kinda came out of no where and I didn't really know what was going on because I was so focused on the adoption. So now, we have a baby girl, a new house with a great interest rate and Ron and I sit here thinking.....Wow, we feel so blessed!! This stuff doesn't happen to us.
As I have been busy unpacking boxes, Reese has been so good! I can't wait to have the house put together so I can play with Reese more. She loves her exersaucer and will spin things and giggle away. She loves to pull herself around in a circle. She is so strong and continues to amaze me at all she is able to do.
Reese is just growing like a weed and as much as I wish she would stop growing so fast, I love to see her personality develop and see how strong she is. She is such a happy girl and all I have to do is look at her and she will start to smile. She melts my heart and I love how I can make her laugh. Reese has been sleeping like a champ at our new house. Usually goes to bed around 9:00pm and wakes up at 9:00am. It is so funny when I go into her room to check on her from her naps, she is always just jabbering away to her fan. I can't believe how much I love our baby girl and she seriously makes me want to have 10 kids. I am so grateful to be a mom and I can't believe how much happiness I have felt from being the mother of one beautiful child. You would think after almost 6 months of having Reese, I would get sick of dressing her up,but I haven't. I still feel how grateful I am to finally have my baby girl and put on the bows and bracelets many times just because I finally can. She is here and she is ours.


No comments:

Post a Comment