Sunday, January 1, 2017

adoption update

Continuing on.....
That month of December was wonderful because it was Christmas time, but also very difficult. Although, I love December and was enjoying all of the holiday festivities, I had so much anxiety. I started to analyze everything I said and did. I started to think that if I did not say and do everything perfectly, this adoption would fall through. I started thinking that my works were not enough. Finally, one day, I was on the treadmill, and was reading in Ether 12. I realized that I always pray that the birth mother would be filled with grace. That strengthening and enabling power to do what she could not do on her own. I knew that placing a child for adoption is one of the most difficult things you can ever do, but something that I realized during this past month is that I need our Savior's grace more than ever. This adoption was not brought about because of my perfect works, for I can't do enough to earn the right to be the twins mother, but this adoption was brought about because of a loving Heavenly Father. He knew that these twins belonged in our family and He brought Genesha and our family together. It seemed like very shortly after I felt the spirit and these truths were felt in my heart, I was able to let go of a lot of the anxiety that I felt about trying to be the perfect adoptive mother ALL THE TIME and always saying and doing the perfect thing. It seemed like my insecurities left and I was filled with faith and confidence again. I can't even explain how much I needed to feel our Heavenly Father's love and confidence throughout this past month. He has given me the strength and patience to keep moving forward having faith in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment