Sunday, December 25, 2016

Merry Christmas 2016

This morning, I woke up and began to write Genesha a text telling her how grateful I was for her and the journey we have been on for the past 2.5 months. I told her how blessed and humbling I felt that she had chosen me to be the mother of the twins. How grateful I was that she had faith that I am the right mother for the twins. I told her how they were not just any twins, but they were so funny, happy, sweet, sassy, loving, and there is so much about them that make them uniquely special.I thought about all the amazing things that they will do in their life. I thought about their traits and qualitites and all that makes them them and how much I want to see them grow and be that mother for them.  As I thought about Genesha choosing me to be the mother of Gemma and Eli and having faith in me. My mind went to the Nativity video I was watching this morning  when Mary was chosen to be the mother of the Son of God. When the angel appeared to her and said, "Hale,...blessed art thou Mary for thou art highly favored among women. I thought about all the anxieties that might be in her heart and what she wanted to see her son and grow and develop to see the traits and gifts that he alone had. I thought about how he grew up to be the Savior of the World, the Light of the world, and all those gifts and talents that he had were used to bless the lives of other. He is the Savior of the world and it is through him that I get to experience peace, love, joy, etc. He truly is the light of the world and is here to save us. I always love the scripture in 1 Nephi 11 when an angel appears to Nephi and shows him a vision of Mary and asks, "Knowest thou the condescension of God?' Nephi answers, "I know that he loveth his children, nevertheless, I do not know the meaning of all things." The angel then shows Nephi a vision of Mary holding her newborn baby and tells him that this is the Son of God and also the tree which his father saw and Nephi answered him saying, "Yea, it is the love of God which sheddeth itself abroad in the hearts of the children of men, wherefore, it is the most desirable above all things." The gospel of Jesus Christ is truly the most desirable above all things. This love of God that comes through our Savior Jesus Christ is the greatest blessing we can receive. He is the ultimate gift and I know that He lives. I know that He is our Savior, my Savior, and He can bring us joy beyond what we can imagine. His love passeth all understanding and can bring hope and healing to our hearts. I am grateful to celebrate him this Christmas Day! Merry Christmas!!

No comments:

Post a Comment