Sunday, January 22, 2017

Christmas Eve 2016

Christmas Eve is something I always look forward to. We always go over to Ron's parent's house around 4:00PM for a nice prime rib dinner. After dinner, we go downstairs and the kids play the bells to Christmas songs, we sing Christmas hymns, the kids act out the nativity story as Grandpa reads Luke 2, Ron reads "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" in his best Grinchy voice, and Grandpa reads "Twas the night before Christmas". It is a wonderful night full of the Spirit, fun, and family. When we get home from Grandma and Grandpa's house, the kids change into their pajamas and we put out milk and cookies for Santa. After the kids got all ready for bed, they received an unexpected guest. Scott and Jack were on our front porch with gifts from Santa. He always brings the shutterfly books that I make for them and then we read them together before we go to bed that night. After we put the kids to bed, we got busy pulling out gifts from Santa and finished getting the stockings ready. I have to say that this is one of the first years in a long time that I actually felt like I went to go to bed at a decent hour. I think last year,  I was up late putting  together a dollhouse. The year before, I was up until 4:00am putting together a kitchen. So it was really nice when Ron and I could have Christmas ready by 11:00pm and watch something together for a little while. (We don't go to bed before midnight. Although, I really should;) I have to admit that with all the stress that has been going on during the month of December, I shopped more than usual for the kids. Retail therapy is a real thing. I also felt so bad that the kids had to go through all of the disappointments of the twins not being here for Christmas that I ended up buying them more stuff. ha ha! Yeah, I know you can't buy there love, but at least it made me feel better. Anyway, I was excited for the kids to wake up on Christmas morning.











No comments:

Post a Comment