Sunday, February 26, 2012

Things that matter most



 I have been meaning to catch up on my personal blog lately, but I have been kinda busy sewing. I was really scared to start selling dresses, but it has been a success so far and that gives me confidence. While I was working at the pilates studio, I was saving the money I earned to go towards our next adoption, so I figured I needed to find a new means to contribute. Anyways, once I opened my ReesiePie SHOP, I started getting orders and I was really excited. I am grateful for small promptings though that remind us of what is most important. I can see myself getting so wrapped up in making and selling dresses that I forget to do the things that really make a difference. I have made it a priority to never put my sewing in front of Reese or Ron, but I felt that I was starting to slack on my missionary efforts or just visiting others. We as women, have such a capacity to do good and I am grateful for small promptings that help us to remember not only who we are, but the things of most worth.  I love it when I get a good chastening! Grateful for a Heavenly Father that keeps me on track!

Another thing I am grateful for is the temple! Last week, Ron and I went to the temple and I had felt bad lately because before we adopted Reese, I made it a goal to attend the temple once a week. After we adopted and I need to add that the Ogden temple was being reconstructed, it has been a lot more difficult and we were making it once a month. Well, I was talking to my sister in law and she was telling me about a talk she had listened to about the desires of our hearts and I finally realized why it is so important to make your home a temple. I may not be able to go to the temple once a week anymore, but I can make my home a temple where the spirit dwells and Reese can feel of Heavenly Father's presence here. After feeling of this prompting, I didn't feel so disheartened, but a motivation to keep the spirit in my home.




No comments:

Post a Comment