Sunday, February 26, 2012

Nurture your marriage.

So last week, I taught a FHE on nurturing or working on your marriage. It's funny how at so many things in our life: jobs, cleaning, school, church callings, exercise, being a parent, etc. The list could go on and on, but one thing we think will just be blissfully happy without any work is our marriage. Well, at least my marriage would not be blissfully happy without nurturing it. This is something simple, but Ron and I just wrote down 10 SPECIFIC things each day that we were grateful for that our spouse did or who they are. I have to say, I love him more already. Here are a few things from this past week that I am grateful for.....
 -taking out the garbage cause I hate to do it.
-calling me on the way home from work to see if I need anything from the grocery store
- complimenting my sewing projects
-work so I can be a stay at home mom
-fold clothes and put them away
- Come home at lunch to see Reese and I
- always makes sure to give Reese and I a kiss when he goes to work and when he comes home
-  leads our family in scripture study and family prayer
- plays with Reese
-plays with our dogs
-cleans up dog poop cause I hate that too
- checks my online store for errors
- at night when I am sewing, he will sometimes come up and work on projects by me so we can talk.
- stopping at Applebees to get me my grilled oriental chicken salad with everything on the side.
- went to Costco for me.
- changes Reese's diarrhea diapers yesterday
- helps me clean up dinner
- fixed the printer
- oh yeah, again, take out garbage. I seriously hate it.
Such small things, but I am grateful for such a wonderful husband that works so hard for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment