Friday, March 6, 2015

4 days old....


Sorry about the late post.. I am still trying to play catch up.
A lot of people have asked me how I am adjusting to having 3 children and to be honest, it has been pretty easy so far. Reese and Nora play really well together and I could watch them play together all day. They adore Ren and bring him toys all day. It's great to be holding Ren, while I can hear the girls playing on the monitor upstairs. My heart just seems to grow bigger and bigger every day that this little guy is with us and it sinks in a little more and that he is not going anywhere.

Although sometimes it is difficult to wake up in the middle of the night for feedings, it really is one of my favorite times of the day. I love having that one on one time with Ren when it feels like the world is asleep and we are the only ones awake. I love this time when his eyes are wide awake and we just have little talks. I will take my one on one bonding time whenever I can. Ren has such a peaceful spirit and he is always so content. He is very strong and at 2 days, he could already hold up his head. It was difficult to burp him because he is always trying to lift his head and look at you. It amazes me how well he can concentrate on faces. When you talk to him, he will follow your voice which is pretty impressive for a baby his age.

He has been sleeping great. I think the girls help with his sleep/wake cycle because they are so loud in the daytime. He can easily sleep through almost anything. It's pretty amazing.. He usually eats about every 3 hours so he is on the 9:00, 12:00, 3:00, 6:00, 9;00 schedule. At night, he usually falls back asleep pretty quickly except he is awake around 9-11:00pm and also from about 3-5:00am. I am grateful for a husband that will get up in the middle of the night to help out. I think we have a routine that works pretty well for us. We will put the girls to bed around 8:00pm and then we get to spend some time together and with Ren. Then one of us will go to bed around 10:00pm while the other stays up for the 12:00 feeding. Whoever went to bed earlier will get up for the 3:00am  feeding and then the other for the 6:00am feeding. This works best for us.
-He is eating 45mls every 3 hours 
-He loves looking out the window
- He loves watching his sisters
-He loves his swing
-He gets the hiccups a lot ( Darn it)
- He loves it when you wash and comb his hair
-He LOVES his bink
-Last but not least...... We are in LOVE!!
















No comments:

Post a Comment