Sunday, August 17, 2014

Cutest thing I have ever seen....

I had to write about this before I forgot. A few weeks ago, Reese came down with a fever of 105 degrees. We took her into the Dr. and he thought she had strep, but it turned out to just be a virus. Reese would wake up at 2:00am and be burning up and shivering at the same time. During the night, Ron and I took turns staying up with Reese. I hate it when my kids are sick, but I love all the cuddles. Even if they are at 3:00 in the morning. Well, Reese started feeling better about 3 days later. On the fourth day, Nora started coming down with a fever and it was the saddest thing I have ever seen. She just put her head on my chest and groaned. Ron's dad and brother came over to help give Nora a blessing. All three of the men laid their hands on Nora's head and Reese watched and then placed  her hands on top of theirs and bowed her head to give Nora a blessing. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen and I wanted to laugh and cry at the same time. Ron kindly explained to Reese that she didn't need to place her hands on Nora's head and so she stroked Nora's cheek instead. I absolutely love my girls and am grateful for the priesthood in our home. I am grateful for Ron's example and Reese's desire to do whatever he does. After the blessing, Reese just wanted to take care of Nora and help tuck her in and give her kisses and do whatever she could for her. It seemed like she just felt so bad for Nora and wanted to take her aches away in any way that she could! Such a sweet moment I needed to record.

No comments:

Post a Comment