Sunday, March 2, 2014

Sickies

The flu has finally hit our house. We have actually been pretty fortunate to not get sick until now, but when it hit, it hit us hard. It started with me and I blame it on the gym:) Anyway, I was feeling fine and then in the middle of the day, my chest started to get tight and I thought it was allergies or something because I usually get a sinus infection before anything hits my lungs. By the next day, I could definitely tell I had bronchitis. I felt so bad because a couple days later, Reese started to have a cough, runny nose, and she just felt yucky.  A couple days later, Nora came down with the same sickness. We had to get one of the electric booger suckers and suck everything out of their noses to try to prevent RSV or pneumonia. We spent a couple of weeks in the house because nobody felt well enough to leave. One of the good things about having sick children is that you get LOTS of snuggles and cuddles. I absolutely loved watching Reese and Nora cuddle as well. They truly love each other and when they are sick, they just want to watch movies and cuddle together under the same blanket. Reese kept telling me over and over, "Mama, we are all sickies".  Ron finally got bronchitis last of all. He seems to fight things off really quick, which is a blessing. Me on the other hand, ended up having bronchitis for over a month and I had to try to sleep on the recliner for over 3 weeks because I would have a coughing fit if I tried to lay down. I finally realized that I need to rest more and slow down or I will not get better. This has happened to me several times in different ways that Heavenly Father tries to tell me that I need to slow down and focus on the things that are most important. Before I got sick, I thought I might have adrenal fatigue, but I just kept training for the marathon, waking up super early to get things done, and staying up way too late to get things done. Then I got the bronchitis that totally put me out. I could barely walk without having a coughing fit and it forced me to stop running and slow down. When this happened, I finally could see that Heavenly Father was trying to teach me something and I wasn't listening at all. Over the next few weeks while we were all sick, I realized how much I have missed morning snuggles with my girls and it will only be a couple more years before they are off to school in the morning or they will be too old for morning snuggles. I was reminded once again that my body is a temple and I need to respect it and give it the rest it needs. I learned to just slow down and enjoy all the little things my girls do together every day.  I have such an amazing sister that will come and  pick up my girls so they can play while I am sick. I am so grateful for a Heavenly Father that continues to teach me the things I need to do to bring about the greatest happiness!







No comments:

Post a Comment