Monday, March 24, 2014

Happy Birthday Nora....

 Happy 1st Birthday to our sweet Nora. I can't believe that a year has gone by since we brought her home from the hospital. We didn't think we would actually be able to adopt Nora and thought that the birthfather or birthmother would change their mind. She was considered a high risk adoption, and yet I had such an overwhelming feeling that she was supposed to come to our home.I felt a how much Heavenly Father loves Nora and how she was a chosen daughter of God and great things lie ahead in her life. I felt my responsibility to teach her and love her and help her to know the gospel because she was going to share it with others.  I had a lot of anxiety the month before she was born and had rashes all over my arms and stomach from stress. Yet, when the stress would almost get too much, I would again get this overwhelming feeling that everything would be okay. The words would always come into my mind, "Be still and know that I am God." I knew Heavenly Father was in control and we truly were able to "Be Still" and watch Him work miracle after miracle to bring Nora into our home. She is still my "Be Still and Know that I am God" baby. When she was a newborn, I would get busy trying to take care of Nora, Reese, clean, etc. and as soon as I held her, she had such a peace about her and would help me to be still and just feel the spirit. She still is that way. She just has a peace about her that testifies of Heavenly Father.

 Nora is so kind and loving. She loves music and it runs in her blood. Nora is very smart and observant. She watches everything we do and especially what Reese does and wants to do it too. Everyday I am amazed at how much she is learning. We will sing her a song and then she can usually say most of the words and do the actions by the time we are done singing it. She is a very big tease and loves to fake coughing or she will try to share her food and then pull it back. She gives the best hugs and kisses and I love cuddling with  her. I love how excited she gets when Ron or I walk into the door. She is my little shopping buddy and loves clothes. Every time I show her clothes and ask her if she likes it, she says, "Yeah!" and then tries to put the clothes on with the hanger still on. She loves music and has an ear for it. Nora loves to pray and you can tell that she is really giving a meaningful prayer even though we can't understand her. I thank my Heavenly Father everyday that I have been blessed to be Nora's mother and everyday with her gets more and more exciting. We love you Nora Boo!












  I am always excited to watch how my babies eat their first birthday cake. Nora was hilarious! She loved eating her cake even though I added too much black food coloring to the frosting. So a hilarious thing I have to add is that Nora was not eating her cake at first and so Ron helped her out and ate a huge might of frosting to get her going. Ron kept at it and he was laughing and smiling and then I realized that his lips and teeth were stained black. Oops....my bad! That would be the food coloring. ( Everyone that ate the black frosting mentioned that their pee color had been changed for a week:) I was laughing so hard when I heard that. Anyway, Nora loved playing in her cake and had it in her diaper, her hair, her ears, and loved trying to feed it to everyone. I think her favorite part was playing in the sink afterward:) Happy Birthday Baby Girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment