Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Baby Update......

So I have been wanting to write more about our potential adoption, but I was really worried about what to write because I was not sure who was reading my post. Now that I can put my blog back to private, I can unload many of thoughts over the past few weeks. So here it goes...........
          When we first met Sadie (birthmother), she had just barely moved to Utah from Texas in hopes of placing her baby for adoption. The birthfather had wanted her to get an abortion and then when she would not, he wanted his parents to adopt the baby. His family is really wealthy and his parents were planning on adopting the baby and then hiring a nanny to take care of the baby while Sadie and the birthfather went to college. They were very controlling and so Sadie decided she did not want that for the baby. Sadie and the birthfather were no longer together and no longer kept in contact so she made the decision to move to Utah. Her aunt and uncle moved her up to Utah and the agency found her a family to live with. She told us from the beginning that this could be a potential high risk adoption, but we felt the spirit and felt that this child was supposed to come to our family. As the weeks have gone by, the birthfather has become more and more involved and did not want this baby adopted. As we have prayed that his heart will be softened toward adoption, I have seen that happen and it is a miracle. Even though it is just a small step, we will hear that he wants to talk to us or that he isn't opposed to adoption anymore, but he isn't for it either. It really has been a roller coaster of emotions. The first few weeks, I was really excited and didn't have a doubt in my mind. I don't have doubts that this child is supposed to come to our family, but if this adoption will actually happen. I know Heavenly Father will not take away our agency and if the birthmother or birthfather decided to parent this child, they have that right.
          A few weeks ago, I was having so much anxiety about the birthfather and what he was going to do that I felt like my heart was constantly racing. I would break out in hives all the time because of the stress and   it felt like my leg was bouncing and fidgeting constantly. I asked Ron for a blessing and it really helped. It seemed like the same things were going on, but I just have a peace and a calmness that has come over me. I know that Heavenly Father is watching over us and that he knows my heart. He is preparing me for whatever is to come. We love this baby girl and are hopeful that she will be able to come to our family soon. The birthmother will hopefully have the baby in the next few days. She is planning on relinquishing her rights 48 hours after the baby is born. That is when the baby will come home with us. The birthfather has another 24 hours after the birthmother relinquishes her rights to register for his rights. So we will know for sure that she is ours after those 72 hours. So that is what has been going on. Thanks for your prayers!!

1 comment:

  1. Your faith amazes me! Praying for your little family!!

    ReplyDelete