Sunday, May 27, 2012

Love being a mom...

For the past few months, I have been really busy sewing and selling dresses. When I initially started sewing dresses, it was because I loved making fun stuff for Reese. When people started asking me to make dresses for their daughters, I was excited that other people liked them as well. Before I knew it, I was spending every extra minute I had up in my sewing room, my house was a mess, I always felt like a horrible wife and mother, and what I did for fun in the beginning, became a job. I remember one time when I was making Reese a bow and she was pulling on my leg because she wanted me to play with her and I realized that Reese doesn't want a bow, she wants her mom.  As I was busy sewing and selling dresses, I kept getting promptings that this is not the most important thing I could be doing with my time. It was neat to me to feel how much Heavenly Father values motherhood and being a wife. Every little thing I do with Reese to try to teach her, nurture her, and love her is more valuable than money or anything else. I have waited too long to be a mother to just spend my time sewing.
It seems that a lot of moms feel a need to compare and show how crafty and how amazing their lives are through  facebook, blogging, craft blogs. I know I had previously been caught up in this. I love all those things as well, but I realized that I don't want to be so busy blogging and crafting that I can't have just have fun playing with Reese, even if the world doesn't see it. Being a mother is good enough for me and the most rewarding thing in my life. Now that I have stopped trying to keep up with crafting, blogging, and everything else, I have felt the spirit so much more in my life. Through this experience, my testimony of motherhood has grown so much. I have felt how much Heavenly Father loves mothers and wants us to feel how proud He is of everything we do. We may not be paid or get much praise, but watching Reese swim, saying "Amen" after prayers, and learning new things is the most rewarding thing in the world. 


2 comments:

  1. You are such an amazing example, Darcee! Thanks for sharing this; I needed the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adella you are one the greatest examples of this that I know. I have realized lately how grateful I am for good friends that are such great mothers and teach me so much! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete