Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Reese is 5 months old

I had a friend ask me a couple of weeks ago if I had had one of those moments where I look at Reese and all of a sudden it seems like she has become a little toddler. At the time, I really hadn't, but since then, I seem to have those moments about everyday. I just can't get enough of her before she seems to move onto the next stage of her life. I just wish that time could slow down so I could enjoy my baby girl more. She truly has made me the happiest Mama in the world. I think back to my life before Reese and it seemed like there was a huge hole in my heart that I tried to fill with anything and everything and yet it remained empty. Now it is overflowing and I love it. I love it when Reese gives me hugs and snuggles her head into my neck. She smiles at everything and loves to look at herself in the mirror. She loves the bath and always splashes me with her hands. It's little things everyday that I need to write down.
I tried sitting her in her exer-saucer about a month ago and her feet couldn't reach the bottom and she would flip her head forward and just wasn't quite big enough, now, she goes crazy in it. It was a sad and happy moment. I sat her in there and she started playing with everything and pulling herself around in a circle. Reese is so strong and continues to amaze me. I love to watch her learn how to use her body, how to grab something or pull something to her mouth, how to push a button or just grab her feet. She is a piece of heaven and I love everything about her.

I think I mentioned before what a happy baby Reese is when I walk into her room in the morning.....Here is what I get to wake up to every morning. Some people think that just smiling at someone can make a difference in their life. Now that I get to wake up to Reese, I know that statement is definitely true. It is the greatest feeling in the world to have Reese get so excited just to see me.

So miss Reese is sitting in her high chair and it has been a lot of fun. She helps me cook and we sing and dance in the kitchen. The funnest thing we do in her highchair is chase after the dogs. Sachi is a little curious of the chair so we wheel Reese around and chase the dogs. Reese laughs and Sachi will try to hide underneath the chair. Our poor dogs! Oh yeah, she has started eating rice cereal also. Not a big fan of it, but I forgot we also use her high chair to feed Reese:)

No comments:

Post a Comment