Monday, December 20, 2010

The seeds are sprouting......

I just have to say how grateful I am for my life! We have been blessed so much lately and I really can't believe it. I am so grateful for such a wonderful husband who I can laugh with through almost anything. After we were married, things definitely did not turn out the way we planned them. I guess nothing really ever turns out the way you plan, well, at least not for us:) I think our life will just turn out better than we planned!!
One of my favorite books is by President Eyring called, "To Draw Closer To God." In the book, he talks about the law of increasing returns. He explains how many times in our lives, we are dealing with the "law of increasing returns" in which we are dealing with late crops. By late crops, I mean planting seeds that take a long time to sprout. For the past little while, I just figured that all of the seeds I had planted are really late crops. Whether late crops or not, I think I just needed to learn to work and wait, even if the crops didn't sprout until the next life. I am used to the working and waiting part, so I feel ecstatic that seeds are actually sprouting! Okay, there is my analogy for the day! I kinda feel like I should knock on wood before writing this post, but anyway.......
We feel so blessed to hopefully be able to adopt a baby girl in April. Again, we have been waiting to start our family for almost 3 years and it is so exciting to realize that I might actually be a mom in a couple of months. How can I not be excited? I am so grateful that everything went so well in California last weekend. I really couldn't imagine things going any better while we were there. I could have done without Sachi's diarrhea, but she is still so cute:) I am so grateful that we are finally going to be able to sell our home and build a new home in the next month or so. Again, we have been trying to sell our home for almost 3 years with no luck. There have been different options that have come up, but we just didn't feel quite right about it. We are so excited to build a home that we can raise our family, live around such amazing people, and hopefully stay in for quite a while. I feel very blessed to have such wonderful friends and family! I have not talked too much about us going to California, but it was amazing to me to have so many of our friends ask us yesterday how everything went in California. It is truly humbling to be surrounded by so many people that sincerely care about us. They tell us how their kids pray for us and pray that we will be able to adopt a baby soon. I know Heavenly Father has definitely heard every prayer and He is blessing us so much. I am so grateful for the power of prayer. I know prayer works and I thank everyone for all of your prayers. I attribute all of our blessings right now to prayers and of course... "the tender mercies of the Lord".

No comments:

Post a Comment