Friday, December 17, 2010

IT'S A GIRL...

I hope this is not bad luck to post this, but I wanted to post that the baby that we are planning to adopt is a baby GIRL!!!!! We are SO excited! I know I should not do this, but I couldn't help it and I had to go buy some baby clothes. I love love baby gap right now and The Children's Place Vintage collection. I was talking to my mom the other day about failed placements and I used the analogy of break ups when you are dating. You have a bad experience, but that doesn't mean you never move on and enjoy the happiness you can have in marriage. If she changes her mind, we have some experience I guess of how to deal with the emotions that will arise. We love her so much and know that she is doing her best to prepare herself to place her baby.
Last week, we went out to California to meet Jessika and her family and had a really good time.
I have to mention real quick of our series of misfortunate events that about made us miss our flight. The puppy had been sick all week and had diarrhea and vomiting. Not a good mixture and man did it smell! Sorry, too much info. We finally installed a doggie door, but for some reason she couldn't figure it out. Ron's dad was going to take care of the dogs, but I didn't want him to have to clean up our dog's diarrhea (YUCK)! So a boarding place was going to take care of her. After Ron got off work, we were hurrying to take Sachi to the boarding place before it closed and she vomitted all over in the car so we had to stop and would be late to the boarding place, so we turned around and hurried and dropped her off at home and as soon as she went in the house...Yuck again! Ron and I were laughing that we have now become the people we used to make fun of.........those that treat their dogs like children. (well, at least we have an excuse:) Ron and I called Jessika to tell her we might not make our flight. So we are cleaning up puke and yuck and trying to leave instructions for Ron's dad about the dogs and hurrying to make our flight. Anyway, we finally made it out of the house and to the airport and find out our flight is 45 min. delayed! On our way to the airport, Ron said, "Satan really does not want us to make this flight." I know things do not always work that way, but I do know that he will try to stop this placement from happening.
So we finally get on the plane around 9:30pm, when we get to Califorina, we get lost, but finally make it to our hotel at 2:00am. We both crashed and then had to wake-up around 7:00am. Okay, that was my preface for our trip!
Saturday morning we met with Jessika, her mom, and her caseworker and had a really good visit. We didn't understand California adoption laws very well so her caseworker explained to us how the laws work and what to expect when the baby is born. If everything goes as planned, we will be in California for 1-2 weeks. After we met with Jess's caseworker, we went out to breakfast with Jess and just talked. It was nice being out there and just hanging out and getting to know Jessika better. I think she is so cute and funny! A lot of people have asked what she looks like so I will add that she has long dark brown hair and about my length, big brown eyes, and long long eyelashes. I asked her if her eyelashes were real because they were so pretty. Yes, they were. Oh yeah, right before we left the hotel, I burnt my forehead. What am I, 10 again:) After breakfast, we went and picked out some baby clothes. Her parents invited us over to their home and it was so fun. As I was sitting in their home, I just really felt our Heavenly Father's love and knew the Holy Ghost was there helping all of us to feel love, comfort, and guidance concerning the placement of this sweet baby. Her little brother was so cute and is a huge Green Bay Packer fan and so I made him a blanket. It was fun to see him get so excited over the blanket. I made this little onezie for the littlest brother.



Her family was so nice and took us out to dinner! I think the best part of this trip was just hanging out at her house with her family. We both felt very comfortable there and had fun just talking and watching her little brother. He is the most athletic little boy! It was nice to know that we could just talk about anything and not feel awkward. We loved our visit and cannot wait until April to return!! Thank you SO SO much for everyone's prayers!!

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo happy for you Darce!! I can't wait to talk to you more about it. Congratulations! Prayers have been answered!

    ReplyDelete