Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Youth Conference 2014

In June we had a great time at Youth Conference at Camp Williams. The youth had fun repelling, rock-climbing, doing obstacle courses, and swimming. I even got to go repelling, which was a lot of fun! The obstacle courses was definitely one of the best things of the day. There was about 20 obstacle courses which required the youth to work together to get a 50lb ammo box from one side to another, usually without touching the ground or water. The leaders were standing on an observation deck above the obstacles and we could not talk to the youth or give them any advice. It was neat to watch which groups worked well together, which kids were the leaders, and the different methods the kids used to get through the obstacles. The group that I thought would struggle the most, actually worked the best together. It was pretty difficult to watch from above and to not be able to help. I remember one group really struggling to get the ammo box across some water and they were about to give up and I was about to go down and help, but then I saw the face of one of our young women. I don't exactly know how to explain it, but I knew that she had the mental strength and determination to do the difficult task that this group needed to get through this obstacle. I realized that they didn't need my help, but they had the strength and determination to do it on their own. I likened this to our Heavenly Father looking down on us and wanting to help us. He has given us all different strengths and abilities to get through the trials in our life and He knows what we can handle. One group was stuck and didn't know what else to do and so the bishop came and helped them. Heavenly Father will not leave us alone. He is always there and we have bishops, parents, friends, leaders, and others who He will send to help us. Our youth are amazing, fun, and they know who they are. I love serving with the youth! They are amazing and this was a great youth conference.





No comments:

Post a Comment