Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Finalization


On September 25th, 2013, we had our court date for finalization. I didn't stress out as much as I did with Reese's finalization because I kinda knew what to expect, but it still is a little nerve-wrecking to be sworn in and asked questions by an attorney.  I am not sure how, but Reese got the police officer standing by the judge to give her candy and Reese kept trying to yell into the microphone. It was pretty funny.  The attorney asked the same questions that he asked at Reese's finalization and it is pretty emotional to answer them. He asked me, "if I had developed the love and affection that a mother should have for a daughter?" He asked me, " Do you want this child to be your daughter?" There was another question that I can't remember, but I just started to cry as I answered "yes" to each of these questions. I knew that I loved Nora, but when the attorney asked if I had developed the love and affection that a mother should have for a daughter, I thought of how I loved her before she was born and how my love just continues to grow for her. I thought about when I held Nora for the first time and all of the times we cuddle together. I thought about all of her milestones and her relationship with Reese and just how much I love our baby girl. When I was asked "if I wanted this child to be my daughter", I thought about all of the prayers, fasting, and pleading with our Heavenly Father for this child. I thought about what a joy and blessing Nora has been to our family and how lucky I feel to be her mom.
      So.......it was a great day and Nora is finally, legally, a Scoville!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Darcee!! So happy for you. You have a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete