Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My Girls

 I feel bad that it took me so long to write another post after my last post. After recently reading it, I felt bad because it sounded very ungrateful and that we were not completely in love with our new baby girl. I first have to say how grateful I am for "my girls". I just love saying that. Since we adopted Reese, I have felt so blessed to have her in our lives and even if we were never able to adopt again, we were already indebted to our Heavenly Father for blessing us with Reese. When we found out that Nora was ours for good, I was truly in shock for a while. I was reminded of Mosiah 4: 6 "...if ye have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God" and v. 11 " .....if ye have known of His goodness and have tasted of his love." When I think of my girls, I think of the "goodness of God." We have been blessed with 2 healthy, beautiful baby girls that have given me the opportunity to be their mother and find greater joy than I could have ever imagined.  So the last couple weeks have been super busy, exhausting, and complete bliss. We are completely smitten with Nora and she is just a perfect baby. She is so content and loves to be held. She sleeps great at night and is just a happy baby. She wakes up about every 3 hours at night to eat, but she eats and falls right back to sleep. Reese absolutely loves her little sister and is my biggest helper. When we brought Nora home, I was so worried about Reese feeling like she had to compete for attention or feeling like she was being replaced, but she has been such a rockstar big sister. She loves to find Nora as soon as she wakes up and always wants to hold Nora and help feed her. She even wanted to help change Nora's diaper. She truly was meant to be a big sister.
I love everything about my girls. I can definitely tell already that Nora and Reese have two totally different personalities and I love it. Reese has always been a wiggle worm and constantly alert and going. I remember always swaying as I held Reese.  Nora on the other hand is perfectly content being held all day. I can see her  being a lap baby and I will not be opposed to that. I wish Reese would sit on my lap more often. Reese will sit on my lap, but only for about 30 seconds and then she is off again. Reese is really energetic and always jumping off things and dancing and running. I can see Nora being more content to just sit and color. It will be fun to see my sweet girls personalities unfold more and more. I love being a mom and am grateful Heavenly Father trusts me with his beautiful daughters.









No comments:

Post a Comment