Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Hal, I wasn't there for the weeds."

I should know better than to post something when I am kinda emotional because I end up sounding really mean. I am sorry for my last post. I really am not a mean person. I just have to say that the atonement is real. After Jessika changed her mind, I was really angry, sad, and I started to feel a lot of the feelings that I felt when Cassie decided to keep Karsen. It was a couple of rough days, but the amazing part is with prayer, truly those burdens have been lifted. I don't feel any of the hurt, but I feel such peace. I know that our Savior truly knows what we have been going through and has lifted our burdens. That empty feeling has been filled with His love and it is so motivating. Well, this morning I was reading my favorite book, "To Draw Closer to God" by Pres. Eyring while I was running on the treadmill and I read a chapter that has my favorite quote in it. Which is.... "Hal, I wasn't there for the weeds." Pres. Eyring tells of his father who has bone cancer and was in charge of weeding the church onion field. He was in so much pain that he was dragging himself down the rows by his elbows pulling weeds. One of the men came up to him and said, "Henry, you did not just pull all those weeds did you? We sprayed them 2 days ago and they were going to die." Pres. Eyring said his dad just laughed as he told this story and Pres Eyring asked his dad how he could laugh at this story when he was in so much pain. His dad told him, "Hal, I wasn't there for the weeds." Pres. Eyring then goes on to say how we may be weeding in an onion patch most of our life and it may be very trying when the onions don't easily come out or when they don't come out at all, but we didn't come here for the onions, we came here for the Savior and we continue to have faith in Him even when the blessings are delayed or don't come in this life.
Again, my favorite quote took on a whole new meaning and I love the testimony that I am gaining through this experience. I truly have felt our Savior's love so strongly and have been inspired to do better and be better. I am learning what it means to be submissive and how much happiness I can feel from being submissive to our Heavenly Father's will. It has only taken me 25 years, but I am starting to get it:) He truly has a plan for each of us and we can be happy through anything if we trust in Him.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Darcee!! I really want to say something but not sure what that is. You are such a Christ-like person. It breaks my heart to hear about your recent news but you strengthen me so much in your posts. This is what it means to "endure to the end". When life just plain sucks, you never loose faith in our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. They love you and even though I haven't seen you since high school, I love you too and often think about the amazing friends I had. I'm sure you don't want to hear this right now, but things will work out exactly the way the are supposed to. Please don't ever hesitate to contact me if you need ANYTHING at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're going through this again Darc, but I can tell you have the right frame of mind and that you have come out of this stronger. One day when an adoption does go through that baby will feel so special to have you guys. I love you!

    ReplyDelete