Friday, August 12, 2016

USA USA USA

USA USA USA
 We are loving the Olympics at our house. We have especially loved watching the Women's Gymnastics Events! It is so cute because Reese has practically memorized the Simone Biles floor routine, but she loves the music from Gabby Douglas's routine. I have to admit that I got emotional more than once watching the gymnasts. I think it came from watching Reese, who is at the beginning of her gymnastics experience, and then watching these gymnasts who have worked so hard to get to where they are. We really liked it when they would show a video of the gymnasts when they were little. Reese loved watching these videos because they were working on the same things that she is learning. She would immediately have to show me that she could do it too. I was amazed that after watching the Gymnastics team event that Reese was able to do a straddle dismount on her own. She has been working on this dismount for almost 4 months. It was awesome!  I love the Olympics and am inspired by the work ethic, passion, and determination that the athletes demonstrate. Go Team USA!





No comments:

Post a Comment