Sunday, July 20, 2014

Family Night at the track

 I think we discovered our new favorite thing to do as a family......Running at the track. I run a lot on the treadmill and Reese loves to run on the side of the treadmill and has told me many times that she wants to run a race with me. We went up to the track for family night and the girls absolutely loved it. They loved getting in the runner's stance and saying, "Ready, set, go". I was surprised at how fast Reese could run. I would be jogging and Reese would stay with me for quite a while. They also loved picking a number (a lane) and jumping on the number when they passed it. Reese also loved doing the long jump and the hurdles. We also saw a soccer team running the stairs and so the girls wanted to run the stairs. I love that the girls enjoy being active.I love that we can be active as a family and that the girls can see how much fun it can be to run and not just something people do for exercise.  I am grateful for my parents that taught us to be active and what blessing come from being active. I remember when I was younger, riding my bike around the block, while my mom ran. I remember riding bikes as a family to maverick to get an ice cream. I remember that I loved going to aerobics at the church with my mom when  I was little.  I remember going to the tennis courts as a family and my brothers turning our tennis match into a home run derby over the fence. We loved hiking, playing soccer, basketball, and just being outside. Anyway, I am grateful that I can share my love for being active to my children. It was a fun family night and I'm sure we will be doing this a lot more.




No comments:

Post a Comment