Thursday, September 20, 2012

Ready to try for #2

Yesterday we were notified that our profile was approved and published online. This means that birth mothers can now view our profile and contact us. Last time around, I was so excited to check our profile stats and see if we were contacted. This time around, I am still excited, but I am also a little nervous. I hope I can remember all that I learned from our first adoption. Here are some of the things that I learned from our first adoption.......
- the right baby comes to our family at the right time.
-failed placements give way for that perfect baby to end up in your arms. ( Reese is a perfect example of this)
- Be patient
- I do not have any control over the choices that the birth mother makes, but I can love them and hopefully be a good example to them.
- this is one of the most difficult decisions a birth mother will be making in her life, so be patient and understanding.
- Most birth mothers that plan on placing their baby try to prepare themselves as much as possible for that placement, but will need a good support team when their baby is born.
- pray pray pray
- "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and He will direct thy path." -Proverbs 3:5-6
- Reese! It's difficult to doubt that the right baby will end up in our family when I look at Reese. She is truly a chosen daughter of God and I know that our Heavenly Father is keenly aware of her and sent her to our home.

And here are some things that make me excited for our next adoption.....
- We have prayed and felt the promptings that a sweet spirit awaits to come to our home.
- I have so much love in my heart and cannot wait to bring another sweet baby in our home who will completely melt my heart again.
- Reese will be the best big sister. She absolutely loves babies and wants to go say hi to any baby she sees. She is very gentle with all babies and is so good at sharing her toys with any crying child.
- I love being a mom! It seemed like I had awaited the day when I could stay at home with my kids and now that I can, I love it. I love getting Reese out of her crib in the morning, I love watching cartoons with her in the morning and reading books, I love watching every milestone and finding new ways to teach them. I can't wait to do this again and I know I will also have a good helper with the baby.
-Speaking of helper, I have to mention what a good helper Reese will be. I made some baby cribs a few weeks ago for Reese's babies and it is so cute to watch her. She will get her baby and pretend she's feeding them and then get the booger sucker and try to get the baby's boogers. Wrap the baby in a blanket and pat her back.
-Even though sleepless nights are not always fun, to me, they are the most memorable. I love those nights that I can just love and cuddle and rock our baby to sleep. Special bonding time.
- Although the adoption process can be a trial, I know that my testimony will grow so much as I trust in my Heavenly Father and listen to the Holy Ghost. The process truly changes me for the better and I become a more loving, patient, prayerful, and humble daughter of God.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post. Thanks for sharing Darcee and good luck!

    ReplyDelete